The Opioid Task Force implements and promotes an array of prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery strategies through its five working committees, most of which meet monthly or bi-monthly in Greenfield. Committee meetings and membership are open to all community members. See below for a brief description of each committee.
- Education and Prevention: Identifying all the substance misuse prevention and education activities occurring in the county, cradle to grave, to focus on gaps and opportunities and increase trauma-informed practices in the community.
- Healthcare Solutions: Strengthening collaborative efforts among rural healthcare providers to curb opioid overprescribing and increase trauma-informed training opportunities for health and medical professionals.
- Housing and Workforce Development: Expanding the supply of sober housing, and working in partnership with others to create educational and training opportunities for individuals in recovery.
- Public Safety and Justice: Increasing relationships between criminal justice systems and behavioral health agencies to help support community members in transition and addressing Narcan deserts in the region.
- Treatment and Recovery: Sharing treatment and recovery resources and advocating for services that support individuals at all stages of their recovery journey, such as syringe access programs and peer-led recovery centers.