- This event has passed.
Active Bystanders’ Training
June 22, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Active Bystanders’ Training: Creating Safety in Contentious Times
Active Bystanders’ Training helps participants recognize when they are bystanders, analyze situations, and evaluate the consequences for everyone involved.
- Defines the roles of those involved in a harmful situation (target, harm doer, bystander)
- Discusses the universal inhibitors that keep bystanders inactive when harm is occurring; participants create action plans to overcome them
- Examines the promoters of active bystandership (moral courage, inclusive caring
responsibility for others, reciprocity, etc.); reflects on bystanders’ positive power
- Stresses safety and helps participants develop a variety of intervention techniques
- Looks at how to analyze situations in the future when harm doing is encountered