- This event has passed.
Housing & Workforce Development Committee Meeting
October 23 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join OTF’s Housing & Workforce Development Committee members this Friday, October 23, 10 AM – 12 Noon, via Zoom, for a crucial conversation about housing and homelessness issues, especially for individuals in recovery and/or with a history of incarceration. This concern has become direr now that the COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium was lifted on October 17.
Please register for the meeting here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0sd-CgqzwtH9a_8QWlvL-nncSiG5ZHnfT_
We have an all-star line-up of speakers to discuss this complex topic. As of today, they are:
- Pamela Schwartz, Executive Director, Western MA Network to End Homelessness
- Jay Sacchetti, Senior Vice President, Shelter/Housing, Addiction, Vocational Services, and Rose Facto, Manager, Wells St. Shelter, ServiceNet
- MJ Adams, Community & Economic Development Director, City of Greenfield
- Kim Scammon, Family Self-Sufficiency Coordinator, Greenfield Housing Authority
- Amanda Watson, HCEC Director, Franklin County Regional Housing & Redevelopment Authority
- Sophie Maki, Education & Outreach Coordinator, Massachusetts Fair Housing Center
- Heather Bialecki-Canning, Executive Director, North Quabbin Community Coalition
- Jennifer Dieringer, Managing Attorney, and Alyssa Golden, Staff Attorney, Community Legal Aid
- Jennifer LaRoche, Vice President, Acute and Day Programs, Clinical & Support Options
We will also be hearing updates about available employment and training opportunities from:
- Dr. Chet Jordan, Dean of Social Sciences & Professional Studies, Judy Raper, Associate Dean of Community Engagement, and Kristin Cole, Interim Associate Director of Workforce Development and Community Education, Greenfield Community College
- Dr. Rebecca Bialecki, Executive Director, MassHire Franklin Hampshire Workforce Board
Questions? Reach out to Deb McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.